“Problem Solving Obesity with Black Youth in Baltimore” (Pod 3)
is about that and more.
This pod features Dr. Sara Bleich, an associate professor at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and native of Baltimore, MD. With Mr. Joe Whitmore, a teacher in Richmond, VA, we talk about two studies motivated by recent Affordable Care Act (or Obamacare) food labeling requirements. Listen in as Dr. Bleich describes her work on sugary beverage communications in corner grocery stores and why she does what she does…and, favorite movies.
- The Baltimore Sun’s news coverage of Freddie Gray’s death and its aftermath
- Sara Bleich, PhD at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- A summary of “Food Labeling: Nutrition Labeling of Standard Menu Items in Restaurants and Similar Retail Food Establishments,” section 4205 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, in the Federal Register
- Joe Whitmore, teacher, St. Bridget Catholic School, Richmond, VA
- Health Services Unplugged is supported by Kaiser Permanente